Sunday, October 3, 2010

September 2010 Sales on Bonanza

September was a slow month as compared to my previous months.


Even though it doesn't look like I sold very many books, I actually sold 69 books in these transactions. It was still a pretty decent month. I bet a lot of people selling books on eBay are not selling 69 books per month.

Here is a screen cap of my payment amounts that I have sent to Bonanza each month for my transactions. I highlighted the lowest ones.


Aside from my first few months, my worst months have been September 2009 and September 2010. It would seem that September is not a good month to sell series books.

I have a conviction that a large number of the people who buy series books are connected to education in some fashion. Many people are parents who are buying for their children. Additionally, I know of a number of collectors who work in the education field, including myself. I was thrilled not to have many sales in September since I had other concerns. I am now to the point where I am settled into the new school year so I won't mind if my sales pick back up again. I'm sure other educators feel the same way.

No comments: