Tuesday, July 5, 2011

June 2011 Sales on Bonanza

Here is a breakdown of how many books I sold from each series during June on Bonanza in my Jennifer's Series Books booth.

Dana Girls - 42
Nancy Drew - 28
Trixie Belden - 14
Judy Bolton - 8
Edith Lavell - 3
Vicki Barr - 2
Ken Holt - 1

I sold a total of 98 books in 30 transactions. The last month that I had at least this many transactions was August 2010, the month before the name change from Bonanzle to Bonanza. I paid $44.00 in fees for June, which is also the highest level since August 2010. I had 34 transactions in August 2010 and paid $60.00 in fees.

I am getting some sales through Google, Bing, and Yahoo!, at the highest level since before the name change. I still get very few sales attributed to search, but the uptick is encouraging. The search terms people used that resulted in sales are as follows.

nancy drew books bonanza
the haunted attic margaret sutton
silver wings for vicki helen wells
trixie belden 38
bonanza.com
Bonanza
vintage nancy drew books

Several of the search terms were used by people who already knew about Bonanza.

Here are my sales sources.


Click on the image to view a larger version. The stats do not total out exactly, since the stats also include freebies. I do not include the freebies when I give the number of books that I sold.

I sold $1,124.63 in books. This averages out to $11.48 per book. I broke down the number of books for each price range.

up to $4.99 - 36
$5.00 to $9.99 - 36
$10.00 to $14.99 - 8
$15.00 to $19.99 - 6
$20.00 to $29.99 - 6
$40.00 to $49.99 - 3
$59.99 - 1
$89.99 - 1
$134.99 - 1

The majority of the books sold are ones that were priced at under $10.00. I sold more Dana Girls books this month than any other series, and most of those books were priced under $10.00. I had to price those books lower, due to the condition, and they sold fast. Many collectors are more interested in reasonably priced books than books that are perfect. This is something that all sellers should keep in mind. I have much success with selling books that have a lot of wear that are priced low.

At the moment, I am having very little success with selling some extra Nancy Drew books in bulk lots on eBay. I do not wish to sell those books at a huge loss. One lot was photographed this last week but never made it to eBay. I need around $40.00 for the books, so I decided to price them individually on Bonanza so that the prices end up adding to what I want for the books altogether. Four of the books sold immediately.

I have another lot that I listed on eBay three times with no takers. I am considering pulling that lot apart as well and selling the books individually or in smaller groups. As of the moment I write this, I view eBay completely worthless with respect to selling books.

I encourage sellers who have had little success on Bonanza in the past to consider trying Bonanza for the books that need to be priced low that are no longer worth selling on eBay due to the high fees.
...................................

Earlier this year, Bonanza added a new membership tier for sellers, the platinum level. Platinum level sellers pay a $50 membership per month and have no fees on items sold. My membership level is gold, and I pay $200 per year, which means that my membership is $16.67 per month. June is the first month since the platinum level was created that I would have saved in fees at that level.

In order for the platinum membership to be worthwhile, my average monthly fees would have to be greater than $33.33 per month. July appears to be off to a good start, but I have no guarantee on how high my fees will be at the end of the month. For that reason, I am holding out on upgrading to the platinum level, but I will keep it in mind.
...................................

Many of Bonanza's sellers seem to be unaware of a new page that features each user's favorite sellers. You can get to this page from your profile page. Follow this link to see my list of favorite sellers.

I have faved people who sell series books in an effort to help bring traffic to these other booths. Since I see the list more as a promotional tool, I have also faved myself. Furthermore, by faving myself, my items show up in My Bonanza when I list new items. I find it useful to see how my booth is presented to others.

You will notice that I have filled out the top portion of the favorites page. I have found very few people who have filled out that section, which is why I believe that most people are unaware of this new page.

I made a point to mention some of the key series, since those series are search terms that get used by people when they are looking for books. It would be a good idea for sellers to fill out that section with whatever information applies.

No comments: