Sunday, April 5, 2009

eBay's New Search

So I have just read that the new search no longer has the opt-out link and that the opt-out link has been missing for at least one week. I am still on the old search, so whenever eBay decides to switch me over, I will be stuck. Will it be tomorrow? Will it be Tuesday? I expect it to happen this week.

I predict that I will have to go through the cumbersome task of revising all of my saved searches so that they will work correctly with the new search. I have read that when a search has zero results that eBay switches the spelling to something with results. I do not want that, and I have several reasons why.

I also know that the new search has many more irrelevant results than the old search, as I mentioned recently. I will have to take measures to try to weed out some of those results, if possible.

But hey, at least I have eBay Bucks! Of course I might not be able to find items to buy as easily...

I also have been perusing this interesting message thread on eBay this evening.

Is the NOISE dying because of APATHY

If I feel like it, I might summarize the important points in a few days. If not, the link is here for those who wish to read or skim it. It is a good discussion without most of the overdramatic, irrational comments that tend to appear in these types of threads.

No comments: