Sunday, December 28, 2008

eBay Hidden IDs

I just learned something that I did not know, and I am amazed. It is possible to view the hidden IDs of winning bidders if you placed a bid on an auction and lost. You have to go to My eBay and click on "Didn't Win" in the menu bar at the left. If you do not have your page customized to see the winning bidders, you have to click on "Customize Display" in the upper right part of the screen. You can then choose to display the winning bidders' IDs.

I just changed my settings to display the IDs, and they are right there for me to see. Wow! The winning bidders' IDs only display on that page in My eBay and are still not visible from the individual item pages. In quite a few cases, I already knew who had won the auctions, but it is exciting to have the rest revealed to me. I wrote down every single ID and the feedback numbers. I can't believe it. I hope they don't take it away from us . . .

Did any of you already know this? It was news to me.

No comments: