Friday, June 20, 2008

The Barbara Ann Series

The Barbara Ann series is a four volume series by Ruth Grosby that was published by Grosset and Dunlap in hardcover with dust jacket. I had started reading the first Barbara Ann book, The Stolen Blueprints, a few months ago, then was sidetracked, and I finally finished reading it yesterday. I enjoyed it. It was particularly good during the last one-third of the book from the time that Barbara Ann gets herself into a jam as she investigates the rival company's office.

I have just began the second book, The Mystery at Mountain View. This passage on page 6 makes me think of Trixie Belden (gee, I wonder why?):
"Here come the two 'B.W.'s' now," called out a boy as the girls walked, or rather staggered, into the doorway of the Pullman. The lurching of the train made walking difficult, and Barbara and Beverly, often referred to as the "B.W.'s" by their friends, giggled delightedly at the zigzag path they made down the aisle.
I'm going to try to read the remaining three books in this series as I continue rereading the Beverly Gray books.

No comments: